Oh, October. How I love thee. You usher in cool weather, Halloween, swing events, and of course your icon. The pumpkin. I have already taken advantage of said pumpkins and baked pumpkin bread! Anyways...
I thought it would be nice to publish a list, the Oct'swingber list, of events that are near or in our lovely town of Tucson. (Except ULHS 2010, but come on... I gotta at least put it out there. I mean, it is NOLA!)
1. The month started off with the epic event of the New Orleans Swing Dance Festival & The Ultimate Lindy Hop Showdown! Man, I wish I could have been there.
2. Swing Cats Swing Into Fall 2010 Workshop is going on Oct 16th & 17th! It's going to be a weekend full of fun classes, dances, late night, and mayhem.
3. The Albuquerque Exchange is the following weekend!
4. Last but not least, Carla Heiney returns Phoenix for Halloween weekend. Information can be found on Steve Conrad's website.
Okay, these are not on the Oct'swingber list but on the Nov'swingber list!
1. The first weekend in November is the Phoenix Lindy Exchange Happy Feet! Tucson peeps, we'll try to get a carpool for the Saturday night dance. Let me know if you are interested.
2.Tucson is finally going to learn the Big Apple! The Big Apple workshop is Nov 20th. Following the workshop be sure to join us for our favorite 3rd Saturday of the month dance 520 swing!
If there is anything else I should add to the blog, let me know. Swing out and prosper!
PS Enjoy the ULHS 2010 Solo Charleston Battle
Check out the new Arizona Swing Cats website!